History of Green Fair on the Fox
Prior to 2014, The Green Fair on The Fox was named the Batavia Green Walk.
The Green Walk started as a Partnership with the Batavia Art Walk in 2008
- This event took place in the evening in local businesses in downtown Batavia
- Took place on Friday evenings after work.
- Participating businesses would host an artist’s work.
- Business would provide wine and appetizers and people would walk through downtown visiting various locations.
- Once a year they would also feature green groups and businesses along with the artist.
Partnership with the Batavia Art Walk
- In late 2009 Water Street Studios opened in Batavia. Now local artists had a place to showcase work year-round.
- The Art Walk was discontinued and the Green Walk turned into an event of its own.
- The following year the Green Walk still took place in many Wilson Street (downtown businesses)
- In 2012 the event moved down Island Avenue and into the Batavia RiverWalk and featured about 35 businesses and groups.
The 2013 Batavia Green Walk
- The organizing committee decided to try to grow the event by moving it to Saturday.
- The Dash with Dad took place before the BGW and brought about 200 runners plus family members to the RiverWalk
- We used the opportunity to co-market with the Batavia Farmers’ Market and they expanded their hours to take advantage of the extra people coming to the Batavia Green Walk.
- Run in conjunction with the United Way Dash with Dad 5K Race and the opening of the Batavia Farmers’ market.
- The Green Walk doubled the number of vendors from 2012
- Also featured Speakers at City Hall and Activities at the Peg Bond Center
The 2014 Green Fair on the Fox
- Green Fair on the Fox added exhibitors inside City Hall for the event.
- The Alternative Transportortation show featured the Park District Trolley as well as Tesla Electric Cars
- Fox Valley’s Largest Zumba class was a big hit as well as other demonstrations and entertainers on the Peg Bond Stage.